Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Off to Danang (27th March 2011)


Saigon from the air

Right now I’m still recovering from last night! ;-) It was really lovely to see Lauren and Hadleigh again and catch up on what we’ve all been up to since Laos. It was a pretty late night though with lots of beer consumed, it was so late that we had to wake up the reception staff at our hotels to be let back in!

Since we parted ways in Laos they came back into Vietnam and I went down through Cambodia and over to Vietnam. Vietnam is a massive country to try and make your way around and I was (sort of) looking forward to using the sleeper buses and trains until Lauren told me about their scary story when travelling down from Nha Trang to Saigon yesterday when someone threw a brick at the bus which broke the window covering another traveller and them in glass. L Now that’s not good. So on that note I decided that today I would fly to Danang half way up the country. In usual Emma style though I of course hadn’t booked a flight and turned up at the travel agents around 11am wanting to fly at 4pm.

Anything’s possible here though it seems and before I knew it I was on my way to Danang.

Danang isn’t anything special really, it’s just the gateway to Hue and Hoi An but because of the time I arrived it was too late to move on anywhere so Danang for the night it was.

No comments:

Post a Comment